Vacationing Out Of State

With the end of the school year quickly approaching, many children (and parents) are looking forward to their summer vacation. It is good practice, and may be required by Order of the Court, for a parent who will be temporarily removing a child from Massachusetts for a vacation within the United States to notify the other parent in advance of the vacation and provide the other parent with flight information, the address where the child will be staying, and how the child can be reached by telephone in case of an emergency. Additionally, it is important to remember that vacationing out of state with your child requires written permission of the other parent, in the form of a notarized letter identifying specific dates of travel and destination(s), is required. Therefore, you should request a notarized letter from the other parent well in advance of your vacation to ensure that your vacation plans are not delayed because you do not have the proper travel documents.

Comments are closed.