Category Archives: Contempt

What is a Contempt Action After Divorce?

In the event that your former spouse refuses to follow the terms of a Divorce Judgment issued by the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court, your recourse is to file a Complaint for Contempt seeking enforcement of that Judgment.  In order for the Judge to find your former spouse in contempt, there must be: A clear…
Read more

Understanding Contempt

What is contempt? Unfortunately, the filing of a complaint for civil contempt is a common occurrence in the Probate and Family Court. Civil contempt of court occurs when someone willfully violates a clear and unequivocal order from the court. A Complaint is a mechanism used by one party to enforce previously issued Orders of the…
Read more