Visitation Modification

Massachusetts Child Custody and Visitation Modifications

Mavrides Law has successfully represented many clients throughout the greater Boston area who are seeking a modification of an existing visitation order. Whether you are unhappy with the terms of a divorce decree, paternity decree or other child-related order, we can help.

Often, the firm can negotiate with the other party to reach a workable and acceptable solution. However, a proposed parental relocation with intention to take the child out of state usually results in litigation. Mavrides Law will assertively defend your rights at all stages of the legal process.

For more information about obtaining a post-divorce modification, contact Mavrides Law.

We Handle All Child Visitation Disputes

Mavrides Law has been helping clients in family law matters for more than 30 years. As a result, we have handled visitation disputes involving just about any type of issue you can imagine.

Common causes of visitation disputes include:

  • Parental alienation: When a parent attempts to interfere with a parent-child relationship, oftentimes in contravention of an existing court order. Examples may include frequent denial or limitation of visitation time or attempting to influence a child with negative statements or actions.
  • Home relocation: When one parent wishes to move out of state or to a new location with minor children. Even a move to a nearby town could be an issue if it affects a child's school district or access to the other parent.
  • Scheduling conflicts: Sometimes parents have a night class, change of work schedule or other issue that requires a change of an existing parenting time schedule. When the other parent is unwilling or unable to modify the existing parenting time schedule, a dispute may arise that requires the intervention of an experienced family law attorney or parenting coordinator.

If you are involved in a visitation dispute, contact an experienced family law attorney who can protect your rights.

Quincy Child Visitation Attorneys • Boston Child Visitation Attorneys

To speak with a lawyer about a child visitation dispute, contact Mavrides Law in Quincy or Boston, Massachusetts. To schedule an initial consultation, call 617-723-9900 or contact the firm by e-mail.